Understanding the Price of Custom Cake Designs
Custom cakes are a popular addition to any special occasion, but they often come with a higher price tag than their store-bought counterparts. This is because custom cakes require more time, effort, and skill to create. In this post, we’ll explore why custom cakes cost more and what factors contribute to their higher price.
- Design and decoration: One of the primary reasons custom cakes cost more is the amount of time and skill required to create their unique designs and decorations. Custom cakes are made to order, which means that every element, from the shape to the colour scheme to the intricate details, is customised to the client’s specifications. Creating a custom cake requires specialised skills and a great deal of creativity, which is reflected in the price.
- High-quality ingredients: Custom cakes often use higher-quality ingredients than store-bought cakes. Bakers and cake designers may use premium chocolate, fresh fruits, organic flour, and other specialty ingredients to ensure that the cake tastes as good as it looks. These ingredients can be more expensive than the basic ingredients used in store-bought cakes, which contributes to the higher cost.
- Customised flavours: Custom cakes may also feature unique and customised flavours, such as pandan and coconut, earl grey tea vanilla, or durian. Developing these flavours requires additional time, skill, and ingredients, which increases the cost of the cake.
- Special requests: Clients may also have special requests for their custom cakes, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, or vegan options. These specialty requests require additional time, research, and ingredients to accommodate, which can drive up the cost of the cake.
- Labour and delivery: Custom cakes require more labour to create than store-bought cakes. From mixing and baking to decorating and delivering, custom cakes take more time and effort to make. Additionally, custom cakes may require special delivery or setup arrangements, such as refrigeration or assembly on-site, which adds to the overall cost.
In conclusion, custom cakes cost more than store-bought cakes because they require more time, skill, and specialised ingredients to create. The unique designs, high-quality ingredients, customised flavours, and special requests that are often involved in creating custom cakes add to their higher cost. However, the end result is a beautiful and delicious cake that is tailored to the client’s preferences and made with care and attention to detail.